Monday, October 5, 2015

Everything Wonderful About Fall.

We welcomed fall this year with four days of constant rain. We were cooped up inside for the first time in months.
Don't get me wrong, I love the summer. Swimming, boating, smores, warm nights by campfires. All that stuff is so good.
But on where I live in Massachusetts, summer also brings a lot of stress. In the summer months the population grows from about 200,000 people to well over 500,000. So with the longer days also comes longer lines and a lot of traffic.
My husband's job also gets busier so we see much less of him, and Grace and I too follow suit- We have beach parties, library meet ups and playdates galore.
But then it happens, a shift in the weather and everyone leaves and our man made island becomes peaceful (and sort of lonely) again. We take leisurely walks on the beach bundled up with hot coffee in hand. We venture over the bridge for apple picking and there is no traffic. We spend whole days inside baking and smiling and we don't feel guilty for missing out on the 'perfect summer weather'.
I have to say, it is so nice.
As I type this I have pumpkin cookies baking in the oven and George and Grace are taking an afternoon nap. Sigur Ros is playing on my record player and I am cozy warm in my fuzzy sweatshirt and socks. Every room in my house is clean and my heart is so full of gratitude for this cloudy fall day.
It is the moments like this, that make you realize how little it really takes to make you truly happy.
Here are some pictures of the last few fall days-






No comments:

Post a Comment