Tuesday, October 13, 2015

On more babies and how sometimes things change.

I am so so sooooooo excited to say that my husband and I are finally TRYING for another baby! There aren't words for how excited I am.
While I was pregnant with Grace,  I wanted 5 kids... no 10 actually. I wanted to fill my house with beautiful little humans to love and make memories with. I wanted them to all be 2 years apart and I wanted them to all be best friends and take care of each other. I wanted Sunday mornings to be filled with dance parties while daddy cooked pancakes, I wanted bedtime to be crazy and loud with kids fighting over the sink to brush their teeth, I wanted all of that.
But then when Grace was born, I had what I would consider to be, postpartum depression.  I was never officially diagnosed but man, those few months after her birth were so rough I sometimes didn't think I would make it through everyday. I was so tired and constantly scared, it was tough.
Thankfully after a few months those feeling subsided and we got caught up in the routine of motherhood and babyhood and all was well and happy. However, even though I was feeling much better and loved motherhood oh so much, I still didn't ever want anymore kids. I couldn't have imagined going through that again, I couldn't have imagined loving another baby as much as Grace. And honestly, I didn't want to add another human to the mix, I loved Grace, George and I, and I didn't need to add another baby.
But then, maybe two months ago, it hit. My want for another baby. My NEED to snuggle another little human again. I wanted to be pregnant, I wanted to go through another natural child birth. I wanted those long exhausting nights and sweet baby smiles. I started seeing visions of dance parties and pancakes again.
After much discussion with George we finally decided that we are ready for another baby and we cannot wait to go through this whole, amazing, process again! I won't lie, I'm scared, but I know that it is so worth all the hard, because you get so much more good.


No comments:

Post a Comment